Paper Cut Art Commissions
This example shows the level of complexity and a favoured subject matter for me is nature or anything organic. But I am also open to abstract designs too. For commissioned work I have a conversation with the client about their ideas and their preferred styles. But often a client doesn’t know exactly what they want but they know exactly what they love when they see it! This makes life as an artist exciting because my job is to find out what it is that they are going to love before I have made it. The process is simple and follows 4 simple steps:
- We have a conversation and the client shows me things they like or describes what they like
- I do some research and come back with a smorgas-board of possible directions and the client chooses one.
- At this point I start drawing and create a design for free.
- If the client likes the concept and wants to pursue it we agree a design fee which will come off the eventual cost of the sculpture. The fee is usually in the region of 250€. I will then work it up to the client’s satisfaction.
- Once the design is accepted the payment is made 50% up front and the remaining 50% on completion and just before delivery.
Please allow two weeks for the design phase and a further two weeks for creation. Every design is bespoke and therefore unique.